When trying to conjure up a gourmet meal, beef wellington certainly is near the top of the list to impress guests. Not only is the beef tender, the flavors luxurious, but it also provides for an incredible presentation that all guests will appreciate.
The original recipe for beef wellington can take some time, but this recipe reduces some time as there are some short cuts. It is a fairly simple recipe to prepare and portions can be put together ahead of time and placed in the refrigerator before cooking, so that all attention is focused on the guest. As the meat is fairly expensive, it is a wonderful dish to serve on anniversaries, holidays, or whenever there is a need to impress a guest with the chef’s culinary skills.
Also, Individual portions of this recipe can be prepared using filet mignon.
Easy Beef Wellington Recipe
- 7 pound beef tenderloin
- eight ounces of good quality liverwurst
- 1 cup of mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbs of bourbon (good quality)
- 6 ounce package of crescent rolls
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs of milk
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the beef tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Tuck the small ends of the tenderloin underneath the piece meat so that the ends do not dry out. Bake the beef tenderloin for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, take the beef off of the pan and put it on a platter. Let the beef tenderloin sit for 30 minutes. (Remember to keep the oven on as the meat will be placed back in the oven).
- Dice the mushrooms and in a medium size bowl, combine liverwurst, mushrooms and bourbon.
- Roll the pastry out in to a 20 by 14 inch rectangle. Spread half of the mushroom/liverwurst mixture on the meat and place the meat lengthwise in the middle of the pastry (the mixture side down on the pastry).
- Spread the remaining mixture on the rest of the pastry. Lift the pastry (both sides) and seal together in the middle of the tenderloin. Trim off any extra pastry. Then flip the tenderloin over and place back on a clean pan. If interested, roll out leftover pastry and make some designs with the pastry to place on top of the beef wellington. Consider flowers, leaves, or any design of interest.
- Combine egg yolk, milk, and brush the mixture over the pastry.
- Put the roasting pan back in the oven and cook for thirty minutes at 425 degrees.
What to Serve With Beef Wellington
Since this is such a fancy entree, the sides do not necessarily have to be. Simple side dishes that have great flavor are perfect to serve. Consider mashed potatoes or roasted potatoes, along with some beautiful vegetables that are in season. Fresh carrots or asparagus are an excellent choice. Enjoy!
Look at this handgun safe it is very asked.
Only the best beard oils are able to heal your beard.
Learn how to stop cats from spraying, it have never been so easy.
Read about how to do magic without being a mage.
These cordless drill reviews are very well researched.
Only the best air purifier will make air at home smell like quality oil.